Notice to Prospective Applicants
Our online application forms (for Fall and Rolling Grants) are now open. Letters of intent are due by September 15. Please bear with us as we continue to post new guidelines and application procedures. If you are a current grantee, all reporting forms are now available.
The fall application deadline has been extended to October 23, 2020.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the grants program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should contact Virginia Humanities Grants staff at email@example.com or 434-924-3296 in advance of submitting proposals. Draft proposals are strongly encouraged for all applications.
Spring & Fall Grants
- Spring Deadline: April 15, decisions in early June
- Fall Deadline: October 15, decisions in early December (deadline extended to October 23 for 2020 applications)
- Maximum request: $20,000
- Most Spring and Fall grants are in the $5,000–$10,000 range
- Additional requirements for requests greater than $10,000 (see grant manual for details)
These grants are awarded between regular cycles.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time. Decisions typically within 2-3 weeks
- Maximum request: $5,000
- Most rolling grants are in the $2,000-$3,000 range
- Rolling grants support: planning, first step(s) or phase(s) in a larger project, programs or activities that take place before the next spring or fall grant review period
Beneath the Surface
This one-time grant opportunity is the result of a partnership between Virginia Humanities and The Hampton Roads Community Foundation (HRCF) to address issues surrounding race and the history of race in the communities of South Hampton Roads.
- Applications Open: September 15, 2020
- Proposal Deadline: December 1, 2020
- Funding Decisions: January 30, 2021
- Grant Period: February 1, 2021 – March 1, 2022