- Lizzie Morris Bolden: Appalachian Dressmaker
- Kathleen Curtis Wilson pieces together the story of an Appalachian dressmaker through the quilts she made.
- Modern Day Efforts Preserve Rosenwald Schools and Memories
- A recent project funded in part by VFH has helped to collect oral histories from alumni of the Rosenwald schools in Goochland County.
- The Civil War in World History
- Documents Compass Assistant Editor William B. Kurtz recently attended The American Civil War in a Global Context conference and brought back this report.