This free, virtual conversation will focus on making equity visible in the health care of African-Americans. Participants will gain insight on the impact, marginalization, and lack of cultural sensitivity to African-Americans in healthcare. They will also be provided with information that will assist in them being allies and advocates for their own health and the health of African-Americans. Finally, participants will be provided with ways they can lead from their respective roles in the community to promote visible equity in the healthcare of African-Americans.
- Dr. LaConda Fanning, Director| Graduate Medical Education| EVMS
- Dr. Janice Hawkins, Clinical Associate Professor| ODU School of Nursing
- Rev. H. Patrick Cason, Senior Pastor, Bethany Baptist Church (Chesapeake, Virginia)
- Iris Lundy, Director, Senior Director of Health Equity |Sentara| ODU Alumni
- Katie Niehoff, Executive Director| American Red Cross