To Apply, You Will Need:
- A sample learning experience you have planned for a K-12 classroom
- A statement of interest including the following [less than 800 words]:
- What are curricular areas that you believe deserve more attention in the classroom?
- What are some topics in Virginia history that you believe deserve more attention?
- Who or what are some authors or stories from historically-excluded communities that you believe deserve more attention?
- What is a topic that you think can be challenging in a classroom? How have you taught this/how do you want to teach this?
- How do you give students/learners agency?
- How do you encourage civil discourse?
- How do diversity, equity, and inclusion inform your teaching?
If you are applying to Virginia Humanities for the first time, you will need to create an account.
Pictured: Students Marc, Jonas, Christian, and Laszlo with teacher, Giselle Castano. Photo courtesy Mary McDowell Friends School
The deadline to apply for a K-12 educator fellowship is March 3, 2023. Information about future fellowships will be posted here when available.