Participants can look forward to a respite from demanding workloads and find a supportive environment designed to further or complete their research. Thanks to our role as the state’s humanities council and our relationship with the University of Virginia, we can provide fellows with full access to the resources and libraries at the University of Virginia and the Library of Virginia.
Fellows will be awarded a stipend of up to $5,000 per month, for up to one academic year (9 consecutive months). Replacement funds are available as needed and will be awarded to the fellow’s home institution. As part of the fellowship, selected candidates will have the option to choose another expert in their field of study to review their research as well as network, engage, and collaborate with other scholars. In addition, fellows will share their work publicly on Virginia Humanities’ With Good Reason public radio show and podcast and have the option to publish in our digital Encyclopedia Virginia and/or present at a local cultural center/organization of their choice.
- Friday, November 24, 2023: Application opens
- Sunday, January 21, 2024: Application closes
- March 2024: Recipients are notified
- Summer 2024: Fellowship begins
- Nine New Fellows Explore Stories of Virginia’s History and Culture (6/26/2023)
- Announcing Nineteen New Fellows HBCU, K-12, and Public Humanities Fellows (8/1/2022)
For more information or questions contact Yahusef Medina, director of community initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.