Complete Application Form Including:
- Proof of Virginia HBCU affiliation
- Project Proposal (details in the application form)
- Working Bibliography (not to exceed 4 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Submit two letters of recommendation (details in the application form)
- All materials (including the letters of recommendation) must be submitted by the application deadline of – Monday, January 16th, 2023.
Note: The 2023 deadline has passed. Details on the 2024 application will be posted here when available.
Pictured: Fellow Derrick Lanois chats with Kevin McDonald, VP for DEI and Community Partnerships at UVa, left, in the Lemon Lounge. Photo by Pat Jarrett/Virginia Humanities
Watch this recorded information session to learn more about how to apply.
- Wednesday, November 23, 2022 – Application window opens
- Monday, January 16, 2023 – Application window closes
- February 2023 – Notification of awards
- March 2023 – Acceptance packet is due (Total cost of replacement – if necessary, start date and duration of fellowship, signed letter of interest)
- May/June 2023 – Preliminary Q&A meeting with HBCU project director, Yahusef Medina
- Summer 2023 – Fellowship Begins
“Being here at Virginia Humanities, rubbing shoulders with smart, friendly, engaged people who have a wide range of interests and who have depths of knowledge in areas I don’t, that’s really stimulating.”Dave Hsiung
For more information or questions contact the Project Director, Yahusef Medina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.