January 2022 Grant Deadline Replaced with Rolling Grant Expansion
Over the past two years, between our normal grant programs and the CARES Act and SHARP grant programs, we have awarded nearly $2.5 million to Virginia’s cultural nonprofits.
To allow our grants program staff time to process and service these grants, our January 15, 2022 grant deadline has been cancelled. Organizations seeking funding from us can still apply through our Rolling Grant Program which will be temporarily expanded.
LINKED: Stories Crossing the Color Line
Learn how a grant from Virginia Humanities is helping the Richmond chapter of Coming to the Table expand its work of bringing Virginians together to face the legacy of slavery.
Applicants should contact Virginia Humanities Grants staff at email@example.com or 434-924-3296 in advance of submitting proposals. Draft proposals are strongly encouraged for all applications.
Summer & Winter Grants
- Summer Grant Cycle
- Letter of Intent Due: May 15
- Application Deadline: July 15
- Decisions by Mid-September
- Winter Grant Cycle [cancelled for 2022]
- Letter of Intent Due: November 15
- Application Deadline: January 15
- Decisions by Mid-March
- Maximum request: $20,000
- Most Summer and Winter grants are in the $5,000–$10,000 range
- Additional requirements for requests greater than $10,000 (see grant manual for details)
These grants are awarded between regular cycles.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time. Decisions typically within 2-3 weeks
- Requests in a range from $5,000 to $20,000 through Summer 2022
- Rolling grants support: planning, first step(s) or phase(s) in a larger project, programs or activities that take place before the next summer or winter grant review period