Notices to Prospective Applicants and Grantees
Our application deadlines for Spring & Fall (now Summer & Winter) grants have changed. Details »
Announcing Twenty-Five New Grants: $181,500 awarded between July 2020 and January 2021. More »
Southwest Virginia Grants Workshop: On March 29, please join members of our Grants staff for an introduction to the work of Virginia Humanities focusing on funding opportunities. Co-hosted with the Wytheville Dept. of Museums. More »
Based in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Semilla Cultural is dedicated to preserving and sharing the traditional Afro-Puerto Rican dance and music style of bomba.
We caught up with project leader and director and founder of Semilla Cultural Isha Renta to learn more.
Applicants should contact Virginia Humanities Grants staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-924-3296 in advance of submitting proposals. Draft proposals are strongly encouraged for all applications.
Summer & Winter Grants
- Summer Grant Cycle
- Letter of Intent Due: May 15
- Application Deadline: July 15
- Decisions by Mid-September
- Winter Grant Cycle
- Letter of Intent Due: November 15
- Application Deadline: January 15
- Decisions by Mid-March
- Maximum request: $20,000
- Most Summer and Winter grants are in the $5,000–$10,000 range
- Additional requirements for requests greater than $10,000 (see grant manual for details)
These grants are awarded between regular cycles.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time. Decisions typically within 2-3 weeks
- Maximum request: $5,000
- Most rolling grants are in the $2,000-$3,000 range
- Rolling grants support: planning, first step(s) or phase(s) in a larger project, programs or activities that take place before the next summer or winter grant review period