About Rapid Grants
- Awarded four times per year
- Awards up to $5,000
- Provides funding for projects with a smaller scope and duration than Regular Grants
- Intended for projects lasting up to nine months
- Period of performance is nine months starting from decision date
- Next Application Open: April 1, 2024
- Upcoming Application Deadlines: April 30, 2024
- Decisions announced within forty-five days of application deadline
- Rapid Grants are paid out in full (100%) after decision date
- Up-to-date nonprofit status
- Grantees may not apply in two grant opportunities at the same time
- Grantees may not apply to an opportunity (Rapid or Regular), if they were awarded a grant in the cycle immediately prior to the current cycle.
- Grantees may not have two grants open at the same time.
- Grantees must complete a final report and have it approved before applying for a new grant.
- Grantees may receive funding for the same project in two different grant cycles, but not for a third time.
- Grantees may receive funding for a planning grant and an implementation grant, but not for a third time.
What We Fund
- Community forums and public discussions, including book or film discussion programs
- Community history projects, including oral histories
- Conferences and symposia, academic conferences where there is a strong public component
- Curriculum resources for K-12 classroom use
- Exhibits—physical and/or online
- Festivals and interpretive performances
- Institutes and similar programs for teachers
- Lectures and lecture series
- Media programs: production of films, script development, videos, television, radio, podcasts, websites, or digital media
- Project planning
- Print publications—books, brochures, exhibit catalogs, and interpretive maps
- Research that leads to programs having a direct public audience
- Travel expenses for project personnel (mileage and meals)
What We Don’t Fund
Grant Funding May Not Support:
- Advocacy or political action; programs that promote a particular policy or point of view
- Creative or performing arts, unless used in a supporting role to enhance discussion
- Courses for credit, except those designed especially for teachers
- Indirect costs
- International travel
- Awards or gifts
- Building construction, restoration, or renovation
- Alcoholic beverages
- The Rapid Grant budget is embedded in the application
- Do not substitute a different budget format or table
- Sample budgets can be found in the FAQ section
How to Apply
Create an account or log in to our grants portal to start your application.